FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce that a new FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR will be added to the X-Series mirrorless camera line-up in February 2016. With its introduction, the premium mirrorless X-Series range now expands to offer a super telephoto lens.
The FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR is a super telephoto zoom lens that covers a 35mm focal length equivalent of 152-609mm. The high performance optical construction of 21 elements in 14 groups includes five ED lenses and one Super ED lens to help reduce chromatic aberration that often occurs in telephoto lenses. As a result, it delivers the highest image quality in its class. The lens has been designed for handheld shooting with a 5.0-stop* image stabilisation system and weighs less than 1.4kg.
The linear motor realises fast autofocusing and makes it perfect for shooting fast-moving subjects including aircraft and motorsports. The lens is also both water and dust resistant and can operate in temperatures as low as -10°C, so it is suitable for use in a wide range of outdoor shooting conditions. A fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to repel water and dirt, further improving the toughness of the lens.
* CIPA guidelines, at the telephoto end.
Reduced chromatic aberration to help deliver high resolution images
- The optical construction of 21 elements in 14 groups, which includes five ED lenses and a Super ED lens, delivers results comparable to a fluorite lens, and by reducing axial chromatic aberration it produces images full of detail.
- The maximum magnification is 0.19x, enabling users to shoot telephoto macro images.
Class-leading 5.0-stop image stabilisation
- A 5.0-stop image stabilisation system – the most powerful in any super telephoto zoom lens – produces blur-free results even at the maximum telephoto setting of 609mm (35mm equivalent). Also, if panning is detected, the lens automatically switches camera shake correction to the vertical plane only.
Fast and quiet AF thanks to twin linear motors
- Twin linear motors are used to deliver fast focusing on moving subjects. The motors are so quiet that the lens is ideal for shooting live music performances and theatre productions.
- Even faster AF shooting is possible with the focus limiter function, which limits the close focusing point to 5m.
Compact and lightweight design
- The FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR has a weight of less than 1.4kg which reduces the strain of shooting handheld substantially. When mounted to the FUJIFILM X-T1 body, the combined weight is below 2kg enhancing a user's mobility. In addition, the weight distribution of the lens when attached to a body makes it feel lighter than it really is.
Water/dust resistance, -10°C low-temperature operation and fluorine coating
- The lens features 13 water and dust resistant seals at 12 points, allowing you to shoot with confidence in tough outdoor environments.
- The fluorine coating applied to the front lens element is water repellent and it is less susceptible to smudges and can easily be cleaned.
Lens hood with a polarising filter window and lock mechanism
- The lens hood features a sliding window so a polarising filter can still be accessed even when the hood is in place.
- The hood also features a locking mechanism to keep it securely attached to the lens.
Compatible with the 1.4x Teleconverter
- The lens offers compatibility with the XF1.4X TC WR teleconverter. When attached, it becomes a 140-560mm F6.3-8 or 213-853mm (35mm equivalent). Phase detection AF shooting remains possible, even at F8.
- A lens plate (MLP-75XF) compatible with ARCA SWISS tripods is available as an optional extra. This plate is also compatible with the XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR.